Tin Can Knits’ Classic Cardigan is a perfect example of how a basic wardrobe piece doesn’t have to be boring! The top-down raglan construction in a pattern written with Tin Can Knits’ trademark clarity provides a confusion-free process, while Amano Chaski's unique fiber blend (60% superwash Merino, 30% Pima cotton, 10% linen) creates a product that combines washability and next-to-the-skin softness in a range of pretty, cheerful colors. This little cardigan wants to be your wardrobe's new best friend!
Classic Cardigan is available in 12 sizes and is designed to fit with 2 inches of positive ease. The sizes listed below correspond to the actual measurement of the finished garment, so to achieve the recommended fit, please choose a size that is 2 inches larger than your chest measurement.
- Size 1: 32” finished chest circumference
- Size 2: 34” finished chest circumference
- Size 3: 36” finished chest circumference
- Size 4: 38” finished chest circumference
- Size 5: 40” finished chest circumference
- Size 6: 42” finished chest circumference
- Size 7: 46” finished chest circumference
- Size 8: 50” finished chest circumference
- Size 9: 55” finished chest circumference
- Size 10: 60” finished chest circumference
- Size 11: 65” finished chest circumference
- Size 12: 70” finished chest circumference
Each kit includes sufficient yarn for the size specified in the color of your choice, along with the pattern. We will purchase a copy of Classic Cardigan for you via Ravelry, so you will automatically receive both a printed copy and an emailed PDF. If you would also like to have this pattern in your Ravelry library, please note your Ravelry ID (not your password!) in the "Notes" field in your cart!
Please note that this kit does not include needles or buttons. You will need US2 and US4 40” or longer circular needles and US2 and US4 DPNs (or size needed to achieve gauge). If you don't already have the appropriate needles at home, you can shop Spun's selection of circular needles here and DPNs here. The cardigan is finished with 1/2-3/4” buttons.
If you'd like to make your kit a gift (for yourself or someone else), or if you just wish to keep your new project tidy and organized, add the Spun Rope Handle Bag with Pin to your order and we will package your purchase accordingly!