Next Step Knitting: Simple Lace (“Winkel”) — February 2024
- There are 7 left in stock
Next Step Knitting: Simple Lace (“Winkel”)
Teacher: Karen Lucas
When: Wednesdays, February 7 & 21, 3:00–5:00pm
Description: Ready to put your new knitting skills to work? This cozy cowl will stealthily teach you how to work in the round and how to follow both a written and a charted pattern, all while you explore the basic elements of lace: yarnovers, and right- and left-leaning decreases. Bonus: You’ll end up with a snuggly accessory to warm yourself or someone you love.
Prerequisites: Participants should be familiar with the long-tail cast-on, knitting, and purling.
Min/max number of participants: 4/8
Materials to bring along:
- One skein of light-colored worsted weight yarn, purchased from Spun (we recommend Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok)
- 16” size US8 circular needle
- Stitch marker
- Darning or tapestry needle
- A copy of the Winkel pattern (free with yarn purchase; if ordering online, just include a note in the comments field requesting it)
Before you register
Please take time to review our class policies here, including our cancellation policy.
If a class is sold out you may call the shop at 734-780-7867 to be placed on a waitlist.
When you register you will receive an automated email with information about the class, including a coupon code for 10% off your class materials (yarn and fiber). Please check your spam folder if you don't see it, and be sure to save it so that you can refer back to it later.