Brioche Basics — October 2022
- There are 0 left in stock
Teacher: Gwyneth Foster
When: Sundays, October 16 & 23, 1:00–3:00pm
Description: Have you ever admired a beautiful, colorful, highly textured brioche pattern but thought it was out of your crafting reach? This class can help! Have you never heard of brioche but want to learn a fun and addictive new knitting technique? Come learn with us! Brioche Basics will teach you the fundamentals of the brioche stitch and help you get started on your first brioche project. You'll learn to knit one-color and two-color brioche, both flat and in the round, as well as how to fix some common mistakes in brioche knitting. Once you've got the basics down, you'll start knitting a two-color brioche cowl.
Prerequisites: Participants should be familiar with the following: the long-tail cast-on, knitting, purling, binding off, slipping stitches, moving yarn to the front or back of the work, and working in the round.
Min/max number of participants: 3/8
Materials to bring along:
- Two skeins of Malabrigo Rios, Berroco Lanas, or another smooth worsted weight yarn, purchased from Spun, in two colors. Pick contrasting colors that you like together and would like to use in a project.
- 16” size US8 circular needles
- 16” size US10 circular needles
- Crochet hook (for fixing mistakes)
- Locking stitch markers
- Darning or tapestry needle
- A printed or digital copy of Zooming pattern by Lynn Garrett & Lizzie Goeddel (free download)
Before you register
Please take time to review our class policies here, including our cancellation policy.
Please note that we are requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination from both students and instructors. We also reserve the right to ask participants to wear masks during class depending on current conditions.
If a class is sold out you may call the shop at 734-780-7867 to be placed on a waitlist.
When you register you will receive a coupon code for 10% off your class materials (yarn and fiber).